What is rePurpose Global Impact Foundation?
rePurpose is a global movement of conscious consumers and businesses going Plastic Neutral. As the world's first Plastic Credit Platform, we make climate action delightfully simple for companies of all sizes by removing and recycling as much nature-bound plastic waste as you produce while embedding sustainability into your product experience to reach and retain purposeful consumers. It’s simple - for every $0.5 contributed to our platform, we guarantee to eliminate 1 kg of plastic waste otherwise destined for landfills, oceans, or incineration. We accomplish this through our Global Impact Network of vetted recycling projects and circular innovations across 6 countries and 3 continents, where we deploy crucially needed climate finance to scale up their impact.
1) Plastic Neutral Products: with us, you can take action that is good for your business and our planet in 3 easy steps:
1. We calculate your plastic use in 2 minutes with your product/sales stats
2. We compensate for your footprint by wiping out as much plastic waste from nature as you use through our vetted recycling projects
3. We help you run unique storytelling campaigns on plastic neutrality that help you differentiate and demonstrate authentic societal responsibility, overnight
2) Everyday Plastic Neutral: We add a tick-box at your e-commerce Point of Checkout where customers can add a few cents and erase the unique plastic footprint of their purchase that day. By enabling people to balance out the bad by doing an equal amount of good, you build goodwill with new customers and retain loyal ones - all at no cost to the business.
3) Buy a Product, Pull a Pound: For every product you sell, you can support us to eliminate 1 lb of plastic waste otherwise bound for the environment. In doing so, you can easily embed environmental impact into your offerings and instantly take a stance for our planet.
Brands have been looking for a more eco-friendly material to replace plastic in their packaging. But the truth is, plastic is a magical material with an impressively low environmental footprint. The problem with plastics doesn’t lie in the material itself, but in the way we manage it. When disposed of, recycled, or offset responsibly, the material proves to be much lighter on the environment than any other mainstream alternatives.
Trucost estimates that swapping plastic for alternatives such as glass, tin, or aluminum would increase environmental costs globally from $139 billion to $533 billion — that's taking into account ocean damage, end-of-life management, transportation, production, and material & energy recovery. Production of these materials causes much more damage to our planet than the plastic life cycle. The explanation behind this is multi-faceted, but a lot of it attributes to the higher weight of alternative packaging materials compared to plastic, thus dramatically increasing their production and transportation emissions.
This makes plastic offsets the best way for us to deal with the global plastic problem today. It is a scalable and effective stepping stone to a plastic-free world.